Saturday, July 11, 2009

<--- Bike n00b! But still focused on the journey

Lesson learned, to the path I've returned

Well, I'm thinking I just bought a lesson, rather than a bike. I did five miles, five painful, not so fun miles. The bike is not very stable and the way I fit it is all wrong. I'm going to take it to the bike shop and see if there's anything they can do. but I think I'm sticking to hiking in the meantime. Anywho, It's not quite 7:00am and I since the day is going to be a busy one I thought I'd get the work out in first. The trail is such a wonderful place of peace, although I do end up out of breath, the quiet and serenity of the woods provides energy and focus. I find myself very "centered" in that place of deep green and brown. After a 50 hour work week (even with the 4 hours off) this is a needed respite between the weekly chaos.

I have my Garmin on and sitting here typing I'm rocking 85 BPM. It's a bit higher than I want while sitting, but that's another reason for the workouts. Stuff is fitting looser now, I need to keep the focus. If I don't have enough funds for new clothes, I'll sport the "baggy" look for a while. It's all about priorities and getting myself closer to where I need to be is primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment