Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sabbath: a literal take

Today is a down day, at least for the next 40 minutes or so. Normally Sundays are a pretty busy day for me. I use it as a day of rest for workouts, but Church has me busy both in the morning and afternoon. One Sunday a month I get the morning off and I rest; Actually I play WoW and wander about the house in an unkempt state.

In a few minutes I'll head to church for the afternoon service where I run sound and serve as a general purpose roady. The praise leader, the other sound man, and I have known each other for over many years and I find the afternoons talking with them while setting up the equipment to be both juvenile and therapeutic. There will be a dinner tonight so we will have good attendance. I try to do a good job but sometimes mess up - forgetting to patch the piano into the main system, running a line for the sax player etc. All in all though it sounds pretty good. Most of the group are professionals including a bass player that is freakishly good (having played bass for many years I am in awe of his skills).

Yesterday was a packed weekend day: although I did a personal best workout, I also re-installed 6 of the PCs at church. This was a pretty involved task, and took me around four hours. I haven't been officially named the Church's admin, but they call me, so I heed the call (It's kinda like a heaven-based 401k)

No comments:

Post a Comment