Tuesday, July 14, 2009

5 Miles +


Self taunting for the uninitiated

What a hike! An hour and a half spent for 750 calories, and an average heart rate of 142 - This was a not as much of a challenge as I thought it was going to be - it was actually a fun workout.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/8715682

I found myself able to look around and take more notice of my surroundings, including an especially happy and barkiferous little scotty-dog that met me on the northside of the walk at a fenced in area directly off the boardwalk. He was trying to be ferocious, but I could see the smile on his face. bounce-bark-run-bark-bounce-pant!

The workout was not without a tragic injury though... I got "nettle finger" :( while web-wacking in the first time around the deer trail. I do not appreciate nettles! They sting and itch! It's all better now though.

The half-way mark I went through some "self-taunting" pointing out the proximity of the truck and that I could quit and sit and rest my poor tired self. I gave myself the finger and proceeded on (It's not easy to give yourself the finger, try it sometime!) The second lap was actually easier than the first. well for the most part - the second time up the stairs was work, but I still did not stop. The amount of sweat generated by this workout was a marked increase over the previous single loop. I think this may become my standard workout now.

No comments:

Post a Comment