Sunday, December 27, 2009

Running after Feasting

If this entry were a Star Wars sequel it would be entitled
"The Belly Strikes Back"

The day after Christmas and all through the trail
My gear was fitting so snuggly, the drawstrings might fail
Christmas feasting had settled, expanding my waist
suspending any thoughts of running with great haste
When after a mile on the trail i did find
my endurance was waning rather early in this grind
Nonplussed by exhaustion I kept up my pace
any faster than 12 minute miles and I might fall on my face!
Onward I plodded further along in the run
gasping for air and wishing I was done.

When up ahead at mile 4 I did see
my wife walking the dog - and going slowly
I caught up to her and walked for a while
until my heart settled down from it's post-Christmas trial
On again, on again, I was spurred to flee
the running ended with a mileage of 5.3

Seriously, any runners out there feeling a bit "overloaded"? Wow, I'm hoping my next runs are not as grueling. I did get a bunch of new running gear (Thanks to my daughter <3)>






No comments:

Post a Comment